Bridge Communities proactively works with and supports local and statewide community advocates on issues relating to homelessness and affordable housing to create solutions to the issues faced by extremely low, low and moderate income residents.
- Founding member of the DuPage County Homeless Continuum of Care (CoC), which comprises more than 50 countywide organizations working together to create solutions to the issues faced by extremely low to low income residents and to maintain a seamless network of community resources for DuPage County homeless population.
- DuPage County Homeless Continuum of Care (CoC) committee involvement includes: Needs Assessment Committee, One Night Street Count Committee, HMIS Committee and Community Services Block Grant Committee.
- Membership with Housing Action Illinois, which works to educate policy makers and build affordable housing inventory at the local, state and national levels.
Take Action in Your Community
- Go to Housing Action Illinois, www.housingactionil.org, to learn more about how you can help families facing homelessness in Illinois.
- Go to Mid-American Institute on Poverty of Heartland Alliance for Human Needs and Human Rights, www.heartlandalliance.org, to learn about poverty and homelessness in DuPage and other collar counties.