Bridge Communities Blog
Keep up-to-date with information about Bridge Communities and surrounding issues of homelessness and affordable housing issues in DuPage County, across Illinois and the nation. Sign up to automatically receive updates through the RSS feed.
We welcome all feedback about the stories you read and will do our best to personally respond to your comments.
Thank you for your interest in Bridge Communities and helping homeless families move towards long-term security and self sufficiency.
- Can you guess what you made possible on #GivingTuesday?
- Dec 1, 2016
- Because of you, on #GivingTuesday, we hit our donation goal of $12,775! Combined with our match from Bank of America, this means we will be able to house two more homeless families than we’d planned on in 2017. Their safety would not have been possible without you. Never doubt that your donations, your tweets, […]
- Will you Give a Tuesday on #GivingTuesday?
- Nov 1, 2016
- Last year, you came to our rescue in a big way. For the first time, Bridge Communities participated in #GivingTuesday, the national day of charitable giving. The end of the year was nearing, and time and money were running out. We asked if you’d help us raise $4,550–one night of housing for each of […]
- Because of you, Kelly’s family is safe
- Oct 17, 2016
- As Kelly’s story shows, the living situation and security of a family can change in the blink of an eye. After her divorce, Kelly and her three kids–Maddie, Kyle and Becca–were grateful to move into her brother’s house in Warrenville. A few years passed, life settled down, and Kelly even found love again. Then, her […]
- Sleep Out or Sleep In–It’s Up To You!
- Oct 10, 2016
- Now is your opportunity to make #HomelessNoMore a reality for 130+ Bridge Communities families! Sleep Out Saturday is less than a month away, and there’s still time to get involved! Here’s why you’ll want to join us on November 5: Sleep Out or Sleep In: Join the movement that stands apart and register for Sleep […]
- Still time to sign up! Run on behalf of Bridge families on October 23
- Sep 29, 2016
- The Naperville Marathon races will be held on October 23, 2016, and YOU can be a hero for Bridge families! Sign up to run and fundraise in their honor today! Runners will also receive a registration discount to use on the Naperville Marathon website. Signing up is easy: -First, click here to become a Charity Hero […]
- Thanks for joining us at the Glen Ellyn Backyard BBQ!
- Sep 12, 2016
- This year, summer didn’t end on Labor Day! The Glen Ellyn Backyard BBQ returned for its 8th year on Saturday, September 10. Thousands of community members joined us for the “ProteinPalooza,” a day of food, family-friendly activities, concerts and of course, barbecue! Attendees enjoyed the sounds of outstanding bands, including The Neverly Brothers, Expo 76 […]
- We’re proud to announce our scholarship recipients!
- Aug 31, 2016
- We are so happy to introduce you to two outstanding Bridge kids, Daniela and Ryan. As teenagers, they faced all the same challenges as their peers–but they had to deal with the unique struggles of homelessness, too. It wasn’t easy. It was something no teenager should ever have to worry about. But, once […]
- How your car donation could save a family like Christina’s
- Aug 12, 2016
- A reliable car is a necessity for most families in DuPage County. That’s how we get to work, our children’s schools, the grocery store–almost everywhere. And Bridge families like Christina’s have the same needs. But, there’s one key difference. For most of us, a car in need of repairs might be a hassle, or an […]
- We need YOU! Volunteer at the Glen Ellyn Backyard BBQ on September 10
- Aug 3, 2016
- Enjoy the best end-of-summer party in town from behind the scenes and volunteer at the Glen Ellyn Backyard BBQ! By volunteering for a 3.5-hour shift, you will be directly helping Bridge Communities save homeless families in the community. All proceeds from the event go toward the 130+ homeless families served by Bridge Communities, and we need […]
- Sleep Out Saturday 2016: #HomelessNoMore
- Jul 6, 2016
- On November 5, YOU can help us transform a moment of kindness into a movement. Bridge Communities invites you to join thousands of fellow community members in Sleep Out Saturday: the movement that’s transforming lives for homeless families in our neighborhoods. Help us make #HomelessNoMore a reality for the 100+ homeless families that have found […]