Bridge Communities Blog
Keep up-to-date with information about Bridge Communities and surrounding issues of homelessness and affordable housing issues in DuPage County, across Illinois and the nation. Sign up to automatically receive updates through the RSS feed.
We welcome all feedback about the stories you read and will do our best to personally respond to your comments.
Thank you for your interest in Bridge Communities and helping homeless families move towards long-term security and self sufficiency.
- Meet the speakers and honorees of Celebrating Women, Transforming Lives!
- Feb 24, 2017
- We hope you can join us at our annual Spring Luncheon on Friday, April 28, as we celebrate DuPage women’s commitment to the community. Their incredible gifts of time, talents and treasure will be recognized, as well as their efforts to make our communities a better place for homeless families. Celebrating Women, Transforming Lives will honor women with ties to DuPage […]
- Meet a family you rescued from homelessness on #GivingTuesday
- Jan 23, 2017
- On November 29, when you supported #GivingTuesday at Bridge Communities, you changed the future for two more homeless families. Because of you, we were able to adjust our plans and bring two more families into the Bridge program, before the deep freeze set in. Thank you for making this possible! And now, we’ll introduce […]
- Beatrice’s Bridge Communities Story: The Conclusion
- Dec 19, 2016
- “It was hard to balance work, school and family, but Naya was always my strength. She has always been happy, always strong. And she gave me the strength to do what I needed to improve myself. I know that everything I do, it’s for her.” Beatrice had been working her way through nursing […]
- Beatrice’s Bridge Communities Story: Part 2
- Dec 12, 2016
- “It was 9 AM on Christmas Eve when I had my last interview with Bridge Communities, and my life changed forever. We went over to the apartment, and I saw that it had 2 bedrooms. I just started crying. I couldn’t believe I was actually getting a 2-bedroom home. Without Bridge, I didn’t know how […]
- Beatrice’s Bridge Communities Story: Part 1
- Dec 5, 2016
- “When my daughter Naya was 5 months old, I was working as a CNA and was also in nursing school. My dad gave us just a year to stay with them. At the end of that year, I was still in school, and on track to graduate. But he still told me we had to […]
- Can you guess what you made possible on #GivingTuesday?
- Dec 1, 2016
- Because of you, on #GivingTuesday, we hit our donation goal of $12,775! Combined with our match from Bank of America, this means we will be able to house two more homeless families than we’d planned on in 2017. Their safety would not have been possible without you. Never doubt that your donations, your tweets, […]
- Will you Give a Tuesday on #GivingTuesday?
- Nov 1, 2016
- Last year, you came to our rescue in a big way. For the first time, Bridge Communities participated in #GivingTuesday, the national day of charitable giving. The end of the year was nearing, and time and money were running out. We asked if you’d help us raise $4,550–one night of housing for each of […]
- Because of you, Kelly’s family is safe
- Oct 17, 2016
- As Kelly’s story shows, the living situation and security of a family can change in the blink of an eye. After her divorce, Kelly and her three kids–Maddie, Kyle and Becca–were grateful to move into her brother’s house in Warrenville. A few years passed, life settled down, and Kelly even found love again. Then, her […]
- Sleep Out or Sleep In–It’s Up To You!
- Oct 10, 2016
- Now is your opportunity to make #HomelessNoMore a reality for 130+ Bridge Communities families! Sleep Out Saturday is less than a month away, and there’s still time to get involved! Here’s why you’ll want to join us on November 5: Sleep Out or Sleep In: Join the movement that stands apart and register for Sleep […]
- Still time to sign up! Run on behalf of Bridge families on October 23
- Sep 29, 2016
- The Naperville Marathon races will be held on October 23, 2016, and YOU can be a hero for Bridge families! Sign up to run and fundraise in their honor today! Runners will also receive a registration discount to use on the Naperville Marathon website. Signing up is easy: -First, click here to become a Charity Hero […]