Bridge Communities Blog
Keep up-to-date with information about Bridge Communities and surrounding issues of homelessness and affordable housing issues in DuPage County, across Illinois and the nation. Sign up to automatically receive updates through the RSS feed.
We welcome all feedback about the stories you read and will do our best to personally respond to your comments.
Thank you for your interest in Bridge Communities and helping homeless families move towards long-term security and self sufficiency.
- Take a seat! The artwork for A Chair Affair has come to Naperville
- May 23, 2016
- The 20 outstanding chairs featured in A Chair Affair are on display at retail locations across Downtown Naperville. Please help support Bridge Communities and take a moment to view and vote for your favorite of these fun, whimsical, funky and avant-garde chairs! Buy your tickets now to join us June 9 at Wentz Hall in Naperville and enjoy an […]
- Picture the impact you’ll make when you give to the next Bridge family
- May 11, 2016
- At Bridge Communities, we’re proud of every goal that’s reached by each Bridge family. You’ve joined them along their journey and helped them achieve so much, and we’re delighted to share their successes with you. Take Kathy and her girls–after finding a safe haven in a Bridge home, they’ve been able to rebuild their lives, […]
- Thank you for Celebrating Women, Transforming Lives with Bridge!
- Apr 25, 2016
- On April 22, more than 300 supporters of Bridge families attended an unforgettable Celebrating Women, Transforming Lives Spring Luncheon at Danada House. Together, we celebrated our shared commitment to the betterment of women and children in our community, and notably, our two outstanding honorees: The Hinsdale Junior Woman’s Club, with the Transforming Lives Award; and, Bridge graduate […]
- Join us in honoring DuPage women at Celebrating Women, Transforming Lives
- Mar 23, 2016
- Please join us at our annual Spring Luncheon as we celebrate DuPage women’s commitment to the community. Their incredible gifts of time, talents and treasure will be recognized, as well as their efforts to make our communities a better place for homeless families. Celebrating Women…Transforming Lives will honor women with ties to DuPage County, and thank them for their […]
- Check it out: Bridge Communities 2015 Annual Report
- Mar 8, 2016
- What an incredible year we have just completed, thanks to you–you’ve put Bridge Communities on the map. Because you helped us gain additional housing (five more apartment buildings in the past year alone!), you’ve helped change the trajectory of more than 700 Bridge families’ lives along the way. Thank you for believing in them when […]
- 5 Reasons to Donate Your Used Car to Bridge Communities
- Feb 29, 2016
- Did you know that Bridge Communities accepts used auto donations? If you’re looking to unload a car, here are five reasons why you should donate it to Bridge: It will go directly to a homeless family. We don’t sell your car and use the money to fund programs–we check the car for safety, then provide […]
- Calling all runners! Participate in the Naperville Marathon in honor of Bridge families
- Feb 15, 2016
- For the second year, Bridge Communities is a Participating Charity for the Naperville Half Marathon and Marathon. For the 2016 races, held on October 23, we hope you’ll sign up as a Charity Hero and run on behalf of the homeless families served by Bridge Communities. You can sign up today! Runners participating to raise […]
- Save the Date: Celebrating Women, Transforming Lives is April 22
- Feb 11, 2016
- Please join us for the sixth annual Celebrating Women, Transforming Lives spring luncheon with Bridge Communities! On Friday, April 22, 2016, you will meet outstanding women in the DuPage Community as we honor the Hinsdale Junior Woman’s Club with the Transforming Lives award for their philanthropy in DuPage County; and for the Life Transformed, we acknowledge Bridge […]
- Will you tutor a Bridge child that needs help?
- Jan 27, 2016
- As a friend of Bridge, you know that we’re committed to helping all members of each Bridge family achieve success. For some families, that means extra tutoring, for a range of students: kids in elementary school through Bridge parents taking college courses. Can you volunteer as a tutor? Bridge Communities is in need of certified […]
- Because of you, we are one step closer
- Jan 22, 2016
- We asked you to Break the Cycle of Homelessness for the 230 children in the Bridge program. Now, because of your compassion and generosity, we are one important step closer to doing just that. To kick off our expanded children’s services, we have hired our first full-time Director of Children’s Programs, Ms. Jill Garbaliauskas. Under […]