Fundraising Events to Support Bridge Communities
Bridge Communities hosts or is the beneficiary of several annual fundraising events:
- Sleep Out Saturday is the flagship event for Bridge Communities. Held the first Saturday of November, Sleep Out Saturday brings together more than 1,500 DuPage County residents to raise awareness about family homelessness and funds for the Bridge Communities' Transitional Housing Program.
- A Chair Affair is our newest event, and a celebration of art in our community. More than 20 artists reimagine chairs, stools and benches into redesigned works of art, which are displayed for two weeks in Downtown Naperville, and voted upon by the public. Then, the event culminates with a cocktail gala auction event, with all proceeds from the chairs benefiting homeless families served by Bridge Communities.
- Glen Ellyn Garden Walk has become an unofficial gateway into summer. The Garden Walk features approximately six private gardens located in historic Glen Ellyn. Each year, featured gardens provide guests with a variety of gardening themes, entertaining spaces and plant species. Held in June, the Glen Ellyn Garden Walk benefits the Transitional Housing Program for Bridge Communities.
- Celebrating Women...Transforming Lives honors the women that give and those that benefit from Bridge Communities services. Bridge Communities has touched the lives of thousands of women since its inception in 1988. This event is an opportunity to say thank you and recognize the amazing women that Bridge is honored to serve. Click here to register to attend the event.
- Glen Ellyn Kitchen Walk is hosted by the Glen Ellyn office of Baird and Warner Realtors and benefits the Bridge Communities' Transitional Housing Program. Kitchen Walk guests are dazzled by some of Glen Ellyn's most beautiful, extravagant and charming kitchens. Held the first Friday of October, the Kitchen Walk concludes with an elegant cocktail party at the Walk's signature sponsor, Drury Design Kitchen and Bath Studio. More information can be found at www.kitchenwalk.org.
- Glen Ellyn Backyard BBQ Cook-Off is hosted by a dedicated band of volunteers who are passionate about barbeque and their community. Benefiting the homeless families in Bridge's Transitional Housing Program, the BBQ takes place the first Saturday in September and features an amateur BBQ cook-off, live blues, cornhole tournament, and fun for the whole family. More information is available at http://www.glenellynbackyardbbq.com.
For more information about any of the Bridge Communities fundraising events, please contact Chad Pedigo at email@example.com or (630) 545-0610 ext. 19.
If you are interested in hosting a fundraising event to benefit Bridge Communities, we would be happy to hear your ideas and lend our professional expertise. Please contact Amy Van Polen at firstname.lastname@example.org or (630) 545-0610 ext. 12.
According to the DuPage Homeless Continuum of Care, more than 71,000 DuPage County residents are living in poverty and just one paycheck away from homelessness. More than 24,000 of them are children.