Bridge Communities Blog
Keep up-to-date with information about Bridge Communities and surrounding issues of homelessness and affordable housing issues in DuPage County, across Illinois and the nation. Sign up to automatically receive updates through the RSS feed.
We welcome all feedback about the stories you read and will do our best to personally respond to your comments.
Thank you for your interest in Bridge Communities and helping homeless families move towards long-term security and self sufficiency.
- Why Bridge Tutors Matter: A’s Story
- Jul 21, 2015
- At Bridge Communities, the children in the Transitional Housing Program are just as important to us as their parents. We care deeply about their success and well-being, and that’s why Bridge children at any grade level can be connected to a tutor, who will work them weekly and help with their studies. “A” is just one […]
- Sleep Out Saturday 2015: This Is The Day
- Jul 7, 2015
- This Is The Day. The day we open our hearts to humanity. The day that marks the start of something you’ll never forget. The day you begin your journey to inspire positive change in the world. The day that leads to a better tomorrow for homeless families in your community. Join Today! Save the date for […]
- A Chair Affair Brings a Night of Fun and Philanthropy to Naperville
- Jun 18, 2015
- On June 12, Bridge Communities proudly presented the second edition of A Chair Affair, a unique opportunity to appreciate and celebrate beautiful artwork through the transformation of chairs, stools and benches. From May 21 to June 11, 2015, chairs were on display at retail locations in Downtown Naperville, where the community was encouraged to visit, view and vote for these fun, whimsical, funky […]
- Meet Allison’s family in Bridge’s Connections Newsletter
- May 28, 2015
- What if you had to flee from your own partner in order to keep your children safe? It’s a scary thought, and one that’s close to home for many Bridge families, including Allison’s. In our Spring issue of the Bridge Communities newsletter,”Connections,” you’ll learn why Allison and her daughters had to escape an abusive home. […]
- Garden Walk returns on June 20
- May 18, 2015
- Spring into summer with the Glen Ellyn Garden Walk! Enjoy a self-guided tour of some of the most beautiful gardens in town. Tickets are $25 (advance) / $30 (door) and includes entrance into six private gardens and one bonus Park District garden, self-guided tour map, Master Gardeners on-hand from University of Illinois extension, raffle opportunities […]
- A Chair Affair Returns to Naperville!
- Apr 30, 2015
- Don’t miss one of the most unique parties of the year and your opportunity to find one-of-a-kind artwork for your home! Back for its second year, Bridge Communities combines artistic talent with a great cause to present A Chair Affair in the Naperville community this spring. From May 21-June 11, the 30 chairs, stools and […]
- Thank you, Soup & Bread Glen Ellyn!
- Apr 21, 2015
- On Saturday, April 18, the first Soup & Bread Glen Ellyn event was held at St. Mark’s Episcopal Church to benefit the families served by Bridge Communities. We would like to send a warm and huge thank you to the following people for this wonderful event: -Organizer Extraordinaire: Mary Elizabeth Lane -St. Mark’s Episcopal Church […]
- Thank you for volunteering with Bridge!
- Apr 14, 2015
- It’s National Volunteer Week, and there’s no better time to celebrate service, and celebrate those who have built and bolstered Bridge Communities: amazing volunteers like you. Bridge was founded by volunteers, volunteers grew the ministry to a point where it was a viable organization, and today, volunteers like you are the heartbeat of Bridge Communities. […]
- Our 2015 Honorees: Celebrating Women, Transforming Lives
- Mar 23, 2015
- This year, two very special DuPage County women will be honored on Friday, April 24 at the Bridge Communities Spring Luncheon: Celebrating Women, Transforming Lives, and we wanted to share a little bit about them with you: With a passion for helping people identify their strengths and the types of environments that capitalize on these […]
- From Homelessness to Hope: Bridge Communities 2014 Annual Report
- Mar 19, 2015
- In the past 26 years, you’ve helped save more than 600 local families from homelessness. You’ve stepped up as part of our Bridge family year after year, and for that, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Our clients can’t always thank each of you in person, so we’re passing along their stories […]