Bridge Communities Blog
Keep up-to-date with information about Bridge Communities and surrounding issues of homelessness and affordable housing issues in DuPage County, across Illinois and the nation. Sign up to automatically receive updates through the RSS feed.
We welcome all feedback about the stories you read and will do our best to personally respond to your comments.
Thank you for your interest in Bridge Communities and helping homeless families move towards long-term security and self sufficiency.
- The Story of Jax, Part 2: A Happy Reunion
- Sep 29, 2015
- You may remember last fall, when we shared the story of Jax, the beloved border collie mix belonging to Lisa and her children, a Bridge family. While in Bridge, Jax couldn’t live in the apartment with them, so an outstanding volunteer named Karen stepped up to the plate and volunteered to foster Jax for the […]
- Sleep Out Saturday: What You Need to Know for 2015!
- Sep 23, 2015
- It’s cold. It’s uncomfortable. It’s not easy. And every year, we are so glad we did it. Experience for yourself how Sleep Out Saturday provides the opportunity for you and your loved ones to deepen your appreciation and understanding of the hardships faced by homeless families as they enter Bridge Communities. Become vulnerable and uncomfortable […]
- Ready, Set, Go! Run the Naperville Half Marathon or Marathon in Honor of Bridge Families
- Sep 16, 2015
- Ready to run? Bridge Communities is a Partner Charity for the Naperville Marathon and Half Marathon on November 8! This means you can sign up to run and fundraise on behalf of the homeless families served by Bridge Communities, and you can make a true difference in their lives. You will be a hero for a Bridge family! To […]
- Thank you for transforming Simone’s future!
- Sep 8, 2015
- We are thrilled to share this good news with you: Simone, the teenage daughter in a Bridge Communities family, graduated from high school with over a 4.0 GPA this past spring, and was accepted into Elmhurst College. Simone has always been a hard worker: She maintained stellar grades in high school while working part-time, volunteering […]
- Feel-Good Fridays with Bridge
- Sep 4, 2015
- Who loves a good success story? We do! And because of your generosity and support, Bridge families achieve success professionally and personally day after day. We’ve started sharing one Bridge client’s recent success every on Facebook with our “Feel-Good Friday” tidbits. Here are just a few of the latest ones: -Bridge client J just received word that […]
- A Weekend to Remember: Thank you for celebrating the Glen Ellyn Backyard BBQ!
- Aug 31, 2015
- The weekend of August 28-29 marked the 7th Annual Glen Ellyn Backyard BBQ, and we thank YOU for making it a success! The Bridge Builders group of Glen Ellyn kicked off the weekend’s festivities with “Barbacoa Bajo Las Estrellas,” (Barbecue Under the Stars) a unique new event featuring Latin cuisine by renowned chef Paul Lindemuth. […]
- We need YOU! Volunteer at the Glen Ellyn Backyard BBQ on August 29
- Aug 6, 2015
- We couldn’t serve 130 homeless families per year without you! Will you help out and volunteer at one of our most important fundraisers of the year? By volunteering for a 3-hour shift, you will be directly helping us save homeless families in the community. Plus, you’ll get to enjoy fantastic live music, a free meal […]
- Why Bridge Tutors Matter: A’s Story
- Jul 21, 2015
- At Bridge Communities, the children in the Transitional Housing Program are just as important to us as their parents. We care deeply about their success and well-being, and that’s why Bridge children at any grade level can be connected to a tutor, who will work them weekly and help with their studies. “A” is just one […]
- Sleep Out Saturday 2015: This Is The Day
- Jul 7, 2015
- This Is The Day. The day we open our hearts to humanity. The day that marks the start of something you’ll never forget. The day you begin your journey to inspire positive change in the world. The day that leads to a better tomorrow for homeless families in your community. Join Today! Save the date for […]
- A Chair Affair Brings a Night of Fun and Philanthropy to Naperville
- Jun 18, 2015
- On June 12, Bridge Communities proudly presented the second edition of A Chair Affair, a unique opportunity to appreciate and celebrate beautiful artwork through the transformation of chairs, stools and benches. From May 21 to June 11, 2015, chairs were on display at retail locations in Downtown Naperville, where the community was encouraged to visit, view and vote for these fun, whimsical, funky […]